The BS9999:2017 is a British standard on the codes of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings. BS9999:2017 states that arrangements should be made for fire dampers to be tested at regular intervals by a ‘competent’ person on completion of the installation and at least annually, and to be repaired or replaced immediately if found faulty.
Spring operated fire dampers should be tested annually, and fire dampers situated in dust laden and similar atmospheres should be tested much more frequently at periods suited to the degree of pollution.
Is a legal requirement to test fire dampers?
Yes. Although there is no definite time stamp for testing, BS 9999:2017 does states at least annually.
What is a Fire Damper Inspection Report?
At Urmson Fire Specialist Ltd we offer a comprehensive fire damper testing and maintenance service throughout the UK, carried out by our experienced and fully trained engineers. At the end of the inspection, you will be provided with a fire damper inspection report which includes:
- Dampers will be number labelled for reference in the reports.
- Reports will identify type and mechanism of dampers and provide sizes
- Reports will identify damper accessibility
- Provide photographic evidence of dampers opened, closed, defects /inaccessibility
- Reports will indicate whether dampers are a pass or fail
- Reports will identify any defects found, remedial works required and assign responsibility party
- Single downloadable reports available24 hours following testing procedure via Boris software client login
- Final reports available for export in single, bulk and excel versions via Boris software client login
- Remedial work based upon the report can be quoted for accordingly
Get in touch with the Urmson Fire Specialist team to get a quotation:
Tel: 01257 262 683
“At Urmson Fire Specialist Ltd we offer a comprehensive fire damper testing and maintenance service throughout the UK, carried out by our experienced and fully trained engineers.”