National Hygiene Services Ltd is one of the companies that make up RJ Urmson Group. RJ Urmson Group consists of 4 companies: RJ Urmson Commissioning Engineers Ltd, Urmson LLP, National Hygiene Services Ltd and Urmson Fire Specialists Ltd.
RJ Urmson Group is an independent HVAC service, commissioning, water treatment and fire systems engineering group of companies with over 27 years’ experience of delivering a level of expertise that benefits a vast range of sectors including NHS, private healthcare, operating theatres, education, pharmaceuticals, retail, manufacturing, commercial and residential buildings.
NHS’s core business activities are maintenance, survey, testing and treatment of commercial and domestic water systems including chlorination, pre-commissioning chemical cleaning and legionella risk assessments.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Working in strict accordance with BSRIA, ACoP L8 and HSG 274 guidelines
- Conduct monitoring inspections which will involve temperature testing of water outlets (TMVs)
- External mains chlorination compliant with local water authorities
- Calculate system volume and dosing readings
- Chlorination of domestic services via CWST and injection points
- Carry out chlorination of domestic services via CWST and injection points
- Take water samples for UKAS accredited labs
- Carry out showerhead disinfections and TMV testing
- Good working knowledge of closed systems and hot and cold water systems is essential
- Compile and submit comprehensive water treatment reports
- Provide on the job training to assistants and junior engineers
- Understanding and compliance with (site) health & safety requirements
- Ensure the safe custody and use of instruments and equipment
- Arrange repairs and recalibrations when necessary
- Minimum 2 years’ pre commission chemical cleaning experience
- In-depth knowledge of ACoP L8 and HSG 274 codes
- Working in strict accordance with BSRIA guidelines
- Sound knowledge of the principles of water treatment
- Basic understanding of water systems and their operation
- Capable of competently utilising test instruments and equipment
- Able to read and work to mechanical drawings
- Competent at written communication – internally and externally
- Basic understanding of contractual requirements
- Liaise and develop working relationships both with the customer and other employees within the company
- Support overall delivery of company goals and schedule
- Represent and promote the business in a professional and positive manner
How To Apply
Please forward in absolute confidence a full curriculum vitae, to Dean Murray via email: [email protected]
Applications via agencies will not be accepted.